As part of our 1:1 program we offer an optional insurance policy to cover accidental damage and extend the warranty of the device. Please note that every device has a 1 year warranty for manufacturer defects or failures only. It does not cover accidental damage or vandalism. Once that warranty expires any defects or failures, as well accidental damage or vandalism are the responsibility of the parent/guardian. We do have some used parts to reduce the cost of those repairs, but those supplies are limited. Current prices for new parts are available on the District's website and used parts prices are based on availability.
Once purchased, there are no additional payments for this insurance. Additionally, some Juniors and Sophomores purchased a 3 year Accidental Damage and Extended Warranty policy from Acer when they received their Chromebook in 8th grade. Although this policy is no longer available for purchase, if your coverage has not lapsed there is no need to purchase a second policy from Worth Ave.
- Seniors with a C731T (expires August 16th, 2021) - $28
- Juniors with a C731T (expires August 20th, 2022) - $47
- Sophomores with a C732T (expires August 17th, 2023) - $80
- Freshmen/8th Grade with a C733T (expires August 20th, 2024) - $100
- Please note the insurance company will not underwrite a 5 year policy. When the 8th grade students enter 12th grade we can offer a 1 year policy if you would like to continue coverage until the graduate. More information will follow at that time.
If you would like to purchase this additional coverage, please submit payment in the form of either a check or money order made payable to the Hermitage School District to Mrs. Benson in the HHS Library or you may use the MySchoolBucks portal to make a payment using a credit or debit card. Please note that coverage can be added until the end of the school year at that price, but coverage will not be extended beyond the end date listed for that policy.
- Accidental Damage
- includes drops/cracked screens/liquid spills
- Fire/Flood Damage
- Liquid Submersion
- Natural Disasters
- Power Surge Due To Lightning
- Manufacture Defect
- Mechanical Failure