Dear Ionta and Delahunty Families,
I hope that everyone is enjoying the summer and you have had the opportunity to spend some quality time with your families and friends. I know many of our families have been waiting patiently to receive information from the district as it pertains to our school plan regarding the COVID pandemic as well as other changes and school happenings for the upcoming school year. Hopefully the information within this email, mailings and other correspondences will alleviate some of those anxieties and nervousness and provide you with the necessary information needed as you prepare your child(ren) for the return of school.
I realize this is a lot of information to think about and can easily become overwhelming at times. Please know that I also share in those same feelings. Information we receive daily and weekly regarding the Pandemic is constantly changing. I will do my very best to keep an open line of communication with all families and keep everyone up to date with relevant and current school information as I receive it from our health agencies and through the Pennsylvania Department of Education. I encourage all of our parents to reach out with any questions and/or any area(s) of uncertainty.
As I have mentioned before, when it comes to our children, there are no issues too minuscule.
Please call and/or email me with any questions you may have regarding the information contained within this email. Your cooperation and support are greatly appreciated and I look forward to the return of all students.
Different Correspondences Sent Home to Date:
1. Student Homeroom Assignments grades 4-7 and information regarding the 4-7 Virtual Open House mailed on 8-4-2020.
2. Car Rider Procedures for Arrival and Dismissal, Map and Traffic Flow Patterns with Directions, Student Name Display Sheet, Car Rider Form (Hard Copy), Scheduled to be mailed on Friday, August 7th.
3. Important Attachments included within this email include:
- IES/DMS Newsletter. IES/DMS Newsletter
- Electronic Everyday Car Rider Form for IES and DMS included within the IES and DMS Car Rider Letter. Ionta Car Rider Procedures Delahunty Car Rider Procedures
- Back to School Supply List for Grades 4-7. Ionta School Supply List Delahunty School Supply List
- Traffic Flow Maps for Drop off and Pick-Up at DMS and IES (with directions).Delahunty Traffic Flow Map Ionta Traffic Flow Map Delahunty Traffic Directions Ionta Traffic Directions
4. New This Year:
- Students will be permitted to travel with their Backpacks during classroom transitions.
- Students may bring a water bottle to school.
- All Students will be assigned a Chromebook they will carry to each class and take home. Students are responsible for bringing their Chromebook to school daily and making sure it is properly charged. Students are personally responsible for damage(s) that may occur to their Chromebook.